How to interact with Orbiter Finance: Airdrop Guide
At Crypto Bulls Club we have actively brought you new information and guide on the various up and coming airdrops that have resulted in users making massive profits. One such project that can also have a significant airdrop coming soon is Orbiter Finance. Founded in 2021, this project has quickly taken up the market by a storm and has attracted a huge variety of users. In November 2022, while the entire industry was going through a stressful time, Orbiter Finance closed its very first funding round and roasted a significant speculated amount from investors like Tiger Global, A&T Capital, Starkware, Cobo Ventures and Mask Network. Even Vitalik Buterin, the founder of Ethereum, contributed 16 ETH to the project. In this article, we will cover how you can get roles in and interact with Orbiter Finance in order to stand a chance at getting an airdrop.
What we are going to learn?
What is Orbiter Finance?
Orbiter Finance is a well known decentralized cross-rollup bridge that employs its advanced technology to facilitate users with the ability to transfer assets that are native to the Ethereum network. Since the protocol uses a layer 2 mechanism, it mitigates the safety issues as well as the risks that come along with layer 1 technologies. Currently, Orbiter supports a huge list of blockchains across which you can achieve asset transactions. These networks include Ethereum, StarkNet, zkSync, Loopring, Arbitrum, Arbitrum Nova, Optimism, Polygon, BNB Chain, ZKSpace, Immutable X, dYdX, Metis and Boba.
One of the highlights of Orbiter Finance is its affordability and high speed of transactions. On the platform, there are essentially two roles to be played, the Sender and the Maker. The official docs explain these roles as “The ‘Maker’ is required to deposit excess margin to Orbiter’s contract before they can qualify to be a cross-rollup service provider to the ‘Sender’. In the usual process, the ‘Sender’ sends assets to the ‘Maker’ on the ‘Source Network’, and the ‘Maker’ sends back to the ‘Sender’ on the ‘Destination Network’”. Orbiter makes sure that the ones who have assumed the role of a Sender don’t get involved in engaging with the contact address which significantly reduced the time taken for the transaction to be completed.
When it comes to the fee structure, the platform primarily charges on only two fronts, the trading fee and the withholding fee. With its decentralized principles, Orbiter Finance manages to eradicate the requirement for minting assets. This helps provide liquidity whilst also supporting decentralization. Another thing Orbiter ensures is the safety of the protocol. It has three kinds of smart contracts that constitute its security model. These are:
- MDC or the ‘Maker’ Deposit Contract
- EBC or the Event Binding Contract, and
- SPV or Simple Payment Verification.
What is the Orbiter Finance Airdrop?
As of now Orbiter Finance hasn’t announced or confirmed any upcoming airdrop. However, they have officially declared the launch of their new token on their Discord server. As the issue of this token is in progress there have been some hints towards the airdrop. For example, while replying to a tweet from a user that asked “So, will Orbiter have airdrop in the future?”, the platform reacted by saying “Airdrop does make a project great”. Hence we believe that becoming an early user of Orbiter can prove to be very beneficial in the future. If an airdrop does launch as we suspect, then we can get a huge advantage by qualifying as as early adopter of the protocol.
How to be eligible for the Orbiter Finance Airdrop?
As we mentioned earlier, since there are no confirmed criteria for eligibility for the airdrop as of now, we have to take every measure we assume to be the best. In our opinion, the two most viable ways of increasing your chances of getting an airdrop are interacting with Orbiter and participating in guild quests. Let’s look at each of these methods one by one
Interacting with the Orbiter platform
Engagement is always the top priority in any airdrop giveaway. Especially interacting with the platform on a regular basis is considered very helpful in multiplying the probability of getting rewards. To interact with the orbiter successfully, follow the given steps
- Visit the official website of Orbiter Finance through this link
- Click on “Connect a Wallet”.
- You have five wallet options to choose from namely, Meta Mask, TallyHo, Block Wallet, Wallet Connect and Coinbase Wallet. Select the “Connect” option next to your preferred wallet. Keep in mind that your wallet has enough funds to complete the process
- Once your wallet is connected it is time to bridge some assets. You can choose from ETH, USDC, USDT, and DAI in the tokens section for the asset you wish to transfer.
- In the “From” and “To” sections choose the network from which you want to transfer the token and the network to which you would like to send the asset respectively. Remember that bridging assets to zkSync Lite, StarkNet and any other Layer 2 protocols can really be useful
- Next, Click on “Send”
- Approve the pop-up from your wallet and your transfer will be completed. Repeat this process several times and across different networks.
Participating in Guild Quests
Guild is essentially Automated membership management that many platforms use to reward their community members. By completing the Guild quests on Orbietr, you will not only earn several rewards but also get a step closer to the airdrop.
To join the guild follow these given steps
- Visit the official Guild website through this link
- Click on “explore guilds”
- In the search bar type “Orbiter Finance” and select the result
- Click on “Connect to a Wallet”
- In the pop up choose ethe wallet of your preference. You have four options namely Meta Mask, Coinbase Wallet, Wallet Connect and Delgate Wallet
- Once your wallet is linked Click on “Join Guild To Get Rewards”. In the pop up select “join”
Now that you are a part of the Orbiter Guild you can scroll down to see the roles.
Some of the roles that you will gain access to immediately and their requirements are as follows
- Role Name: Member
Role Requirement: You will need to Connect your Ethereum wallet
- Role Name: Flying Alien
Role Requirement: You will need to Have “🛸” emoji in your Twitter username and also must be following @Orbiter_Finance on Twitter
There are many more roles that you can participate in including:
- Trainee Pilot
- Elite Pilot
- Expert Pilot
- Ace Pilot
Please note that you must try and get as many roles as possible on the guild and also keep in mind that the transaction count on orbiter must be above 10
- Scroll Airdrop Guide: How to be eligible for $Scroll Airdrop?
- How to get zksync airdrop (Potential): Step by Step Guide
- How to get the LayerZero ($ZRO) Airdrop: Ultimate Guide