Scroll Airdrop Guide: How to be eligible for $Scroll Airdrop?
Scroll after raising 80M from top tier VCs like Sequoia Capital and Polychain Capital is building a native zkEVM scaling solution for Ethereum. And a lot of crypto investors thinks there could be an airdrop soon. We are in the airdrop season and zkEVM projects are trending. If you would like to participate in the upcoming Scroll airdrop, feel free to follow this guide.
Remember: There is no official confirmation from the Scroll team that they will have an airdrop, and there is no official guide. Based on our experience, we have written this guide and if there is any Scroll token airdrop in the future, you could keep yourself ahead of any other crypto users, and thus, maximising your chances.
Zero knowledge rollups have been a narrative that is piquing the interest of a lot of people in the crypto industry. Scroll is one such project built on the same principles. So without further ado, let me take you through the Scroll airdrop guide.
But before that, let us get a brief introduction about the project.
What we are going to learn?
What is Scroll?
Scroll is basically a zkRollup that is based on Zero Knowledge Ethereum Virtual Machine (zkEVM). Scroll is built on Ethereum and functions as a scaling solution that facilitates native compatibility for existing Ethereum applications and tools. On this protocol, all transactions are handled off-chain, and their proof of correctness is published on-chain. This significantly reduces the transaction costs and gives a better throughput.
Scroll has also managed to make developing on it seem just like the developing interface on Ethereum. The platform undertakes continuous third party audits which contribute towards making sure that the entire system is secure and also that a high level of transparency is provided. Scroll also comes with a lot of credibility since it has been backed by many renowned venture capitalists. The blockchain platform received a funding of 80 million dollars from many VCs including Polychain, Sequoia Capital, Variant and a lot more.
Read more about Best ZK projects to look out for in 2023
Scroll Airdrop: How to be eligible for it?
Alpha version (current version)
Even though nothing is confirmed yet, it is extremely likely that Scroll will give a very huge airdrop the those who engage with the platform from very early on. In order to increase your chances of getting this airdrop you can follow the steps given below.
- Go and visit the Goerli Faucet using this link. Sign in using Alchemy. Once you have logged in you can request some testnet ETH funds on Goerli.
- Once you have received the funds go to the Scroll Bridge. You can either do this by visiting the official Scroll website, then clicking on “Join Alpha Testnet” and then going to the bridge option, or you can even go directly by using this link.
- After this, you can simply just Bridge some ETH from Goerli Testnet to the Scroll Alpha Testnet.
In the earlier version (Pre-Alpha), you could use the SWAP function.
All you need to do in the current version is BRIDGE from Goerli to Scroll and then Scroll to Goerli.
Using Uniswap (not available on the Alpha version)
Another way in which you can interact with the testnet is through Scroll Uniswap. Visit their website and then perform swaps between ETH tokens and other coins. You can also go to the pool option and add in some liquidity.
If you are a developer you have an added chance of getting the airdrop by deploying your own smart contract on the testnet. To do so follow the given steps
- Download and install the nodejs and yarn software
- Then you will need to Clone the repo after which you should install dependencies
- Now make a .env file and follow the example in the root directory (.env.example).
- In the .emv you will have to alter the Private Key to the private key of your own account.
- Next, you should compile the contract by running yarn compile
- After this, it is time to deploy the contract on the Alpha Testent of Scroll. To do so you will have to just run yarn deploy:scrollTestnet
- Finally, the last step is to start running yarn test for hardhat tests.
That’s all for now. If we will have additional steps n future, we will update this article. If you would like to get updated, I highly recommend you subscribe to our newsletter and join us on telegram @cryptobullsclub
- How to use ConsenSys zkEVM Testnet (and Possible Airdrop)
- How to get zksync airdrop (Potential): Step by Step Guide
- Pantos Testnet Guide | How to get Possible Pantos Airdrop Guide | Easy Steps with NO INVESTMENT